Together with our Senior Nutritionist Consultant we have put together a healthy eating guide and a Menu for Fat Loss, this is not a personalised diet and you will realise there is no quantities in the menu, this is for you to have an example on how to better distribute nutrients eating a variety of food types and colours and making sure that you keep your body fuelled throughout the day.
- Use as little oil as possible to cook
- To spread, pass a napkin in the pan. Ideally coconut oil, otherwise extra virgin olive oil.
- Eat a variety of food types and colours to better distribute nutrients
- Keep hydrated. Drink the required amount of water for your activities and lifestyle
- Alcohol and cigarettes will work against your objective therefore avoid if possible.
- When eating out, skip bread and desserts. Couple the salad with your main dish and replace fries side with veggies or leafs.
- Eat more boiled, grilled or baked food instead of fried.
- Eat slowly, metabolism starts in the month, chew your food properly.
- Follow the amount and timing for meals, as a guideline, eat every 3 hours from breakfast to dinner.
- Use salt with moderation. Foods with too much salt should be avoided. Choose natural spices instead (oregano, basil, parsley, thyme, rosemary, saffron).
- Limit the amount of mayonnaise, butter, cream, bacon, salami, sausage,
- Eat fresh, cottage or ricotta cheese instead of yellow cheese or cheddar
- Avoid soft drinks (including light)
- For salads, as a dressing you can use lemon or lime and vinegar, also a little bit of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Do not use plastic containers in the microwave, place food on a plate or glass recipient